Hiking along the Metolius River this week we came upon this abandoned cabin. Old sites such as this one are favorites of photographers as we know they might have a limited lifetime.
Not too many years ago this walkway did not exist. Now one can take a 1/2 mile hike into the place where the Metolius River bubbles out of the ground to form a 29 mile river. This area of Central Oregon was a favorite camping place for many years.
Based on a comment this morning, here are several music recommendations.
- Hector Berlioz’s Symphony Fantastique – There are many good recordings.
- Saint Saen’s Symphony #3 known as the Organ Symphony.
- Lesser know is Lewandowski from a CD titled, 25 Sacred Choral Favorites.
- Nearly anything by Antonio Vivaldi
- Be sure to include the CD, Postcards by the Turtle Creek Chorale.
Below is a photograph of the Metolius River.